The I-SAM Model 1 Court Equipment Ball Machine is a good purchase that offers tennis players with a wide variety of options compared to buying more advanced equipments. Once the perfect location and all the necessary settings are all set, this tennis machine can provide good training sessions for both beginners and intermediate players. With the large ball capacity of this machine, tennis players will find it worthwhile to spend more time playing. This tennis equipment might be heavier compared to other tennis ball throwers, but is good enough to be used at home or in court. With the I-SAM Model 1 , players can achieve intermediate skill levels in tennis quickly and intermediate players can enjoy that full body workout with a challenge.
Designed for beginners and for those in the intermediate level, the iSam Model 1 Throwing Machine is one of the most affordable machines of its kind available in the market. It is easy to use and offers a variety of practice drills and exercises. Spin control, however, is not available for this particular model. Balls are randomly fired with no spin at all.
The iSam is the new version of the Little Prince tennis ball machine. Prince changed its brand name to Sam in 2006 retaining all the features and the basic designs of each model. Following is an overview of the more important features of the iSam machine:
- Power – The machine offers options for either a rechargeable battery or an AC converter. Opting for both entails additional cost. Battery life lasts for 2 to 3 hours. The standard battery charger may be upgraded for a fast charger.
- Weight – One of the lightest portable models available, the iSam machine weighs only 13.15 kilos or 29 pounds for the battery-operated unit and 11.34 kilos (25 pounds) for the AC version.
- Dimensions – Measuring 19” x 21” x 26”, this machine is very compact and easy to store. It is also easy to transport and may be carried like a duffle bag because of the reinforced straps mounted on both the front and base of the unit. The machine requires very limited storage space and can snuggly fit in the trunk of your average-sized vehicle.
- Speed – The machine spits out balls with varying speeds ranging from 15 to 60 miles per hour. This range is limited and pales in comparison with other similar models but it may prove to be sufficient to challenge beginners and intermediate level players. The various training drills provided by this unit may suit them, but not the advanced players who require more speed and power to stay in competitive form.
- Ball Capacity – The i-Sam tennis ball machine can hold a maximum of 250 balls, more than what most other models of its kind are capable of. Only heavy duty commercial models can offer the maximum of 300.
- Feed Rate – This measures how quick the machine fires the balls out. The iSam machine has a feed rate range of 2 to 7 balls per second, which is neither too fast nor too slow.
- Warranty – The iSam unit carries only a one year warranty on parts and labor compared to the 2 years other tennis ball machines offer. As warranty entails additional cost, the shorter warranty period allows iSam to be more competitively priced.
- Remote Control – This is an extra option offered by i-Sam. The remote control facilitates the manipulation of feed rate and ball speed. This can also be used to turn the oscillation either on or off.
Neophytes to the game of tennis will find this machine very helpful in learning the sport and in improving their game. People who play the sport for exercise or as a hobby will also benefit much from this machine. For a comparatively low price, the unit provides enough variations and versatility to serve their purpose.